Darcea Hiltz, Founder & Music Director, explains the purpose and niche that is filled by HALTON JAZZ SINGERS:
HALTON JAZZ SINGERS offers opportunities for adult men and women in the Halton and surrounding communities to participate & experience the following characteristics in a choir:
* small to medium size ensemble of mixed voices (S.A.T.B.)
* rehearsal location in convenient Halton location, west of Toronto and east of Hamilton
* jazz, blues and contemporary music repertoire
* vocal dexterity and harmonies
* solo work available
* requirement for some music aptitude: sight read/sing vocal lines on 4 part scores
* a cappella, keyboard, showtrax and instrumental rhythm section accompaniment
* love for jazz
*members who demonstrate a commitment to the growth and preservation of vocal jazz by their regular engaging participation!
On this side of Toronto, there isn’t a community jazz VOCAL group that requires some prior music skill set & vocal musicianship that rehearses ( Saturday mornings September-mid April) & Monday/Tuesday evenings mid April-June) and performs this genre of music.
THIS IS why HALTON JAZZ SINGERS has been established!